- 1 pint grape tomatoes, tomatoes cut in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 (12 ounces) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz italian cheese, shredded (I used a combination of mozzarella, provolone and parmesan)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
- crackers, bread or chips for serving
Heat your oven to 400 ° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly distribute tomatoes on the sheet. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and coat the tomatoes. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until the skins of the tomatoes are wrinkled. Remove from oven and set aside.
In the meantime, simply combine all the cheeses together in a large bowl. Mix in the herbs. Then gently fold in the tomatoes. Spoon the entire mixture into a oven safe dish (mine was 6 x10 inches) and sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top. Bake in a 400 ° F oven for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Let cool and serve.
I may have skipped the cooling step, and it was totally worth it.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats